We’re coming off a series of special holiday engagements. Others are getting closer to their 2011 wedding dates and are finalizing their specialty vendors. Either way, questions are flying and the confusion sets in on what to do next.
Now is a great time for attending bridal shows. There are a variety of shows in the area that offer great opportunities to see what vendors can truly bring to your special day and give you a chance to talk with them face-to-face. A great place to see what shows are going on around is at the www.go2wed.com Events page. Select which dates work best for you and many offer an exhibitor list that you can check out to plan who you might want to speak to.
Bridal shows can certainly be overwhelming but can also give you a boost ahead on your checklist. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when attending shows to make the best of your experience and your time. Grab your biggest supporters and make a day of it.
1. PRE-REGISTER! Most shows allow you to pre-register online to save time and avoid the lines. Many vendors also receive comp tickets so contact those you might be interested in and ask if they have some tickets for you to come check them out.
- Get a wedding specific email address! Try Yahoo or Google to set up a free account. When filling out contest entry forms and inquiry sheets use this address, so that when the wedding is over you can simply cancel the account and avoid any further wedding related e-mail. Reserve your main e-mail address for vendors you actually contract with.
3. Dress comfortably! You may be walking around a fair amount and you want to avoid sore feet!
4. Notebook. Get one! You will never remember which vendor told you what. You could see 15 photographers, 6 videographers, 7 bakers, 10 Disc Jockey services. Write down notes!
5. Get some return addressed stickers that you put on envelopes. These will be used to save some writer’s cramps. Use the stickers for the drawings.
6. Have a plan. If you already have a venue, don’t spend time looking at others, it will only confuse you. Focus on the vendors that you have yet to secure.
7. If your plan is to hire vendors that day, leave plenty of time to view them all. Pick the 2 or 3 in each area of your needs and go back and ask them when they will have time to talk with you for 30 minutes or so without being interrupted. (They will appreciate this, and will make the time for you)
8. Don’t get discouraged! If you don’t see something that gives you an idea, ask a professional in that area of expertise. They have plenty of photos of prior work that you just may find what you are in search of!
Join www.go2wed.com to register for bridal shows and get FREE tickets, get help in planning and find local vendors all in one place!
SAVE-THE-DATE for the 2011 Wedding Show February 27th and the Rochester Event Center. Pre-Register online for a free ticket!